As I Am Twist Defining Cream
Shiny smoothness, (and lots of it), is what you'll get when you twist with this one-of-a-kind rich creamy styler. Made especially for highly textured hair with nurturing natural oils, plus an organic extract that provides the ultimate in moisturization. There's even a wondrous organic compound blended in that works to block DHT and stimulate healthy hair growth.
- Produces shiny, well-defined twists and twist outs
- Produces strong, lasting definition
- Minimizes frizz and maximizes smoothness
- Hydrates dry hair
- Helps promote healthy hair growth from the follicular level
- Helps prevent shedding and thinning
How to Use
Use after cleansing and conditioning your hair. (Do not towel dry or blot after your final rinse.)
- Apply As I Am® Leave-In Conditioner liberally, according to instructions. This will help prevent flaking once hair is dry.
- Apply Twist Defining Cream to detangled hair while it is wet, in small sections from root to tip, then twist away! Spray with water if hair begins to dry before you're done.
- Air drying is recommended. You may use a hood dryer on the low setting if time or weather is an issue.
- For twist outs, undo twists and separate, only after hair is completely dry.
- For added moisture, scrunch Moisture Milk or DoubleButter® Cream onto hair, daily or whenever needed.
- For the tightest twists with maximum definition, twist hair while it is soaking wet. For more fullness and elongation, twist hair while damp.
- Apply product liberally, but use less product when twisting barely damp hair. The wetter the hair, the more Twist Cream you can use.
- Twist each section, leaving about ½" – ¾" untwisted at the ends. Twirl this portion around your forefinger and carefully slide your finger down and out of the coil.
- To complete your style, you may desire fullness in some or all areas of your hair. If you opt to separate your twists for more volume, take care to handle them very gently. Pulling and separating carelessly will cause the multi-strand coil assemblies to come apart and take on an undefined, frizzed look.
- Remember: The more you manipulate your twists, the fuller your hair will get, so separate or finger fluff where you want volume or height. Fluff just a little or not at all where you want closer-to-the-head, flatter areas. Once hair has been fluffed, it won't return to the original flattened alignment until you re-wet and re-style your hair.
- Finally, always secure your hair beneath a satin bonnet when you sleep. It will eliminate abrasion damage and keep your style looking good longer.